Politics

Israel lobby’s favorite senator tries to erase Palestinian refugee status for millions

One senator from Illinois, though, wants to write off those millions and change who is classified as a Palestinian refugee. Mark Kirk, a hawkish Republican whose political career has been boosted by right-wing Israel advocates, is leading a drive to fundamentally redefine who a Palestinian refugee is in the eyes of the United States.

Critics see the move as just one step in a larger strategy to take the issue of refugee rights for Palestinians off the negotiating table, and to cut funding from the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), the UN agency that assists Palestinians. One senior Senate aide who helped craft the amendment told the Jewish Telegraphic Agency that “this will have major implications for future negotiations over final status issues with regard to refugees.”

Saving Illinois from Senator Kirk

I went completely bonkers yesterday reading Senate fight over the number of Palestinian refugees….. So livid I shot Senator Kirk off a tweet to remind him his job is not in the Knesset!

Senators will vote on an amendment crafted by Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL) that would require the State Department to report on how many of the millions of people currently supported by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA) are actually ……..refugees.

Bilderberg Here We Come

The scene on opening day of the now renown (previously secretive) Bilderberg meeting in Chantilly Virginia on May 31st might actually feel surreal as activists and members of the alternative media converge on the property line of the Westfields Marriott to document the event as over 130 of the worlds most predominant businessmen, financiers, and oligarchs gather behind closed doors to discuss the future of the planet amongst themselves.

In fact, the meeting will be the 60th annual meeting of the Bilderburgers and some of the most predominant alternative members in the world will be on location to try and grab their shot at exposing the elites agenda and gain explicit intel on the attendees, topics, and highlights of the meeting.

Social Justice on Trial in Canada

Stephen Lendman, Contributor
Activist Post

Destructive neoliberal mandates harm US and European societies. Canada’s conservative government force-feeds similar policies.

They include wage and benefit cuts, less social spending, privatization of state resources, mass layoffs, deregulation, tax cuts for corporations and super-rich elites, and harsh crackdowns against resisters.

It’s also about sharply hiking college tuition fees, student anger, and criminalizing public responses…

Washington’s Hypocrisies by Paul Craig Roberts

The US government is the second worst human rights abuser on the planet and the sole enabler of the worst–Israel. But this doesn’t hamper Washington from pointing the finger elsewhere.

The US State Department’s “human rights report” focuses its ire on Iran and Syria, two countries whose real sin is their independence from Washington, and on the bogyman- in-the-making–China, the country selected for the role of Washington’s new Cold War enemy.

Hillary Clinton, another in a long line of unqualified Secretaries of State, informed “governments around the world: we are watching, and we are holding you accountable,” only we are not holding ourselves accountable or Washington’s allies like Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and the NATO puppets.

Bilderberg 2012: Dark Cabal Meet to Plot Final End Game

Paul Watson welcomes Charlie Skelton, reporter for The Guardian to discuss the upcoming Bilderberg Conference in Chantilly, Virginia.
Bilderberg 2012 is set to be the scene of the biggest ever protest against the secretive organization. Listed below are the details and meet-up times for what promises to be a momentous occasion.

Ron Paul’s Ten Principles of a Free Society

This is the Appendix to Ron Paul’s book, Liberty Defined.

1. Rights belong to individuals, not groups; they derive from our nature and can neither be granted nor taken away by government.

2. All peaceful, voluntary economic and social associations are permitted; consent is the basis of the social and economic order.

Canada protest spreads as arrest list hits 2,500 benchmark

Ontario students have pledged to take to the streets in solidarity with their protesting fellows in Montreal and other cities of Quebec. The students are defying emergency laws the authorities are imposing to curb down the wave of dissent.

Students in Quebec have been protesting for more than 100 days now, with violent clashes between police and protesters reported on several occasions. The latest demo on Wednesday night resulted in a police crackdown on demonstrators.

About 700 people were detained throughout the province, which pushed the total number of detentions over the months over 2,500. That is at least five times more than during the 1970 crisis, when martial law was declared in Quebec in response to the actions of radical nationalists.

Revealed: Hundreds of words to avoid using online if you don’t want the government spying on you

The Department of Homeland Security has been forced to release a list of keywords and phrases it uses to monitor social networking sites and online media for signs of terrorist or other threats against the U.S.

The intriguing the list includes obvious choices such as ‘attack’, ‘Al Qaeda’, ‘terrorism’ and ‘dirty bomb’ alongside dozens of seemingly innocent words like ‘pork’, ‘cloud’, ‘team’ and ‘Mexico’.

This entry was posted in Latest News, Politics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.