Politics

U.S. Troops In Neighboorhood Streets Fully Armed

The photo shown at left was taken by a subscriber in the city of Crookston, MN from the front porch of her suburban home. No, the men pictured aren’t from the local high school’s J.R.O.T.C sqaud – they are in fact trained soldiers serving in the Minnessota National Guard, Unit 2-136 CAB / B Company. Now, I have never personally been to Crookston (although I’m sure it’s lovely), but I’m relatively confident that they are located on domestic soil, and unless I am missing something, the citizens of Crookston weren’t dealing with any natural disaster at the time this haunting snapshot into the coming police state was taken.

Justice Dept Refuses To Admit National Guard Ordered To Shoot Protesters At Kent State

A Different Philosophy of Civil Disobedience

SARTRE, Contributor
Activist Post

Conventional civil disobedience usually engages localized agencies and domestic government. Redress of grievances, constitutionally protected under law is a myth in practice. The courts operate as protectors of state authority, while crushing the safeguards of individual natural rights.

Petition to elected officials for recourse resembles begging for sustenance. Allegiance to country is confused with deference to decadent dictates. Conscience and moral imperatives draw sincere and aware citizens to resort to necessary measures of dissent. The question is what kind of civil disobedience is appropriate and effective? …

Romney and his Chinese Investments

The news buzzed this week with reports of Mitt Romney having investments in Romney’s trust with Huawei, a Chinese company. The specific articles running were about Mitt making money off of Huawei. Huawei is involved in making spy cameras. Although some journalist are poo-dooing Romney’s investments, claiming Romney did not know what is in his blind trust; for some reason the New York Times and the Obama administration were able to learn. Romney has ownership in a company and profits Romney is making in helping China spy on dissidents in China, set off a bit of a buzz.

Evil is Triumphing as Good Men do Nothing

Osama Bin Laden has found his way back into the mainstream media as today marks the one year anniversary of his latest death. It is indeed amazing how things change from year to year to year. In 2009, Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and here we are in 2012 with Obama running for a second term and using his Middle East body count as a part of his campaign platform.

Human Colony Collapse Disorder: The Top 10 Countdown To Our Own Extinction

Activist Post

Misdirected environmentalism continues to paint humanity as the enemy of itself simply through the natural exhalation of carbon dioxide. However, there are many other more demonstrable ways indicating that humanity is not heading toward a flourishing, healthy future…

This entry was posted in Latest News, Politics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.