Politics

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY!

“The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world not destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them … the weak will become prey to the strong.” — Thomas Paine, Thoughts on Defensive War

Rand Paul Leaves Door Open For VP Slot

Position would give Senator “an influence on the direction the country goes”

Paul Joseph Watson

Senator Rand Paul has left the door open for a potential VP slot – exclusively telling the Alex Jones Show that it is an honor to even be considered – although he said such a scenario was unlikely to unfold.

Stop H.R.3523

H.R.3523 – Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011
Also isn’t there some double jeopardy type of rule saying they can only submit a bill once a year. This is the third time they have done this with PIP, SOPA, and now CISPA

Activist Sheehan Says She Has Court Date For Refusing To Pay Taxes

She gave Uncle Scam her son! Isn’t that enough?

Anti-war crusader Cindy Sheehan said she will appear in federal court today to defend her decision not to pay taxes.

“I refuse to fund the empire’s crimes and wars,” Sheehan said in a press release. “I feel a certain amount of guilt that my taxes were used to murder my own son.”

NDAA Opponents Stretch Across the Aisle

MANHATTAN (CN) – Lawmakers, free-press advocates, small-government partisans, conservative think tanks, pro-gun groups, border-control activists, civil libertarians, a pastor and a professor forged an unlikely alliance Monday to speak against the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act in federal court.

Obama Administration Writes Rights Out of New Indefinite Detention Law

On April 5, the Defense Department quietly sent a report to Congress indicating how it intends to implement a new law requiring lawyers and judges for detainees held in long-term U.S. military custody. As expected, DoD largely wrote the new rights out of existence, ensuring they’d be accorded to few, if any, detainees. What’s more, it severely limited the scope of judicial review even that small number will receive.

Originally intended to apply to the prisoners held by the United States at the Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan, Section 1024 of the National Defense Authorization Act is now more likely to apply to some future category of indefinite detainees held by the U.S. government. And therein lies the problem.

This does not surprise me in the least.

By signing the NDAA last New Year’s Eve President Obama put a legal mechanism in place whereby any President could have the US military arrest and put any American citizen and place them in indefinite detention without due process.

And although he issued a signing statement indicating that he personally would not do this as President, if there is any alleged “national emergency”, such a signing statement would go right out the window.

16 Reasons To Move Away From California

Michael Snyder, Contributor
Activist Post

Once upon a time, millions upon millions of young people dreamed of moving to California. Nearly endless sunshine, pristine beaches and a booming economy made it seem like paradise to many. But now those days are long gone…

10 Disgusting Examples Of Very Young School Children Being Arrested, Handcuffed And Brutalized By Police

When did we decide that it was okay to treat very young school children as if they were terror suspects? When I was growing up, I don’t remember a single time that the police ever came to my school and arrested anyone. But now police are being called out to public schools at the drop of a hat. All over America, very young school children are being arrested and marched out of their schools in handcuffs in front of all their friends. For example, down in Georgia the other day police were called out because a 6-year-old girl was throwing a tantrum. The police subdued her, slapped handcuffs on her and hauled her off to the police station. Instead of apologizing for this outrageous incident, the police are defending the actions of the officer involved.

People with kids and skills, please get out of the country while you still can.

And if you cannot do that, home school your children.

Because the ultimate upshot of public education these days is generally illiteracy and innumeracy, and a complete inability for any critical thinking whatsoever.

Ted Nugent Has A Date With The Secret Service Today About His Possible Threat On President Obama

Sounds to me like the Motor City Madman threatened himself not the Prez!

Last weekend, Nugent made the original comments that sparked a firestorm and provoked the Secret Service into investigating. He said that “if Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”

Then, on Tuesday, he doubled down on those statements during an interview with conservative radio show host Dana Loesch, saying that he is “a Black Jew at a Nazi-Klan rally.”

Mandatory ‘Big Brother’ Black Boxes In All New Cars From 2015

The same Senate bill, 1813, known as MAP-21, that calls for the Secretary of State to revoke or deny a passport to any US citizen that the IRS Commissioner deems as having ‘seriously delinquent tax debt’, also calls for, in section 31406 of the bill. the mandatory installation of ‘black box’ event recorders to be installed in every new passenger vehicle starting with model year 2015:

But hey, look on the bright side: there will be a booming business in cars manufactured before that 2015 date, and there will be a whole new jump in the number of mechanics needed to keep them running!

Maybe US auto mechanics will become as adept and inventive as those in Cuba, because Cuban mechanics have had to keep old and older American cars running forever!

Obama “Revises” Executive Order – Expands His Power For National Defense Resources During An Emergency?

President Barack Obama has legal minds wondering if his update of the presidential authority to take over the national defense resources during an emergency is his attempt to expand his power,

The TSA’s mission creep is making the US a police state

The out-of-control Transportation Security Administration is past patdowns at airports – now it’s checkpoints and roadblocks.

First Ever Blueprints for World Government Revealed

Andrew Puhanic, Contributor
Activist Post

The Campaign for World Government (A Globalist backed institution) created a manifesto in 1942 for how a World Government is to be formed.

Written by Rosika Schwimmer (born on September 11, 1877, a self-labeled socialist) and Lola Maverick Lloyd (self-proclaimed pioneer of the movement for world government), with the aid of the Globalists, tried to establish World Government in response to the failures of the League of Nations…

Obama’s New Drug Control Report Calls for More Workplace Drug Testing, Nationwide Zero Tolerance Laws, Prescription-Only Ephedrine Products

The first thing you should know about President Barack Obama’s 2012 Drug Control Strategy report is that it begins and ends with the declaration that the war on drugs is working and will continue apace. Obama administration policies have “yielded significant results,” according to the President’s introductory letter, which concludes by saying, “While difficult budget decisions must be made at all levels of government, we must ensure continued support for policies and programs that reduce drug use and its enormous costs to American society.”

The Man Who Should Be President

The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power.

The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility and out of self-interest for himself, his family, and the future of his country to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state. Resistance need not be violent, but the civil disobedience that might be required involves confrontation with the state and invites possible imprisonment.

We’re All Branch Davidians Now

Nineteen years ago, just outside Waco, Texas, the FBI demonstrated once again that the state at its core is a killing machine. Monarchy, democracy, or republic – any government as conventionally defined is a legal monopoly on violence.

Film -The Corporation Nation Master

Corporation Nation – Comprehensive Annual Financial Report – From the One Dollar DVD project helping to wake up the spirit of liberty and freedom with the spirit of truth.

18 Venn diagrams showing how corrupted American ‘democracy’ really is

Madison Ruppert, Contributor
Activist Post

A phenomenal series of Venn diagrams shows in painstaking detail just how corrupted our political system in the United States has become.

When I look at the the connections of Goldman Sachs, it makes me wonder how anyone thought that people actually had the brazenness to claim that those pointing out the revolving door between Wall Street and Washington conspiracy theorists…

Death before Slavery! – It’s Patriots’ Day

Today, 237 years later, we find ourselves in much the same situation as our founding fathers did. The international elitist insurgents have eaten out our substance and now seek to enslave us. Like our founding fathers before us, we have run out of options. Our enemy has laid down the gauntlet and we must resolve ourselves to the mantra of “Death before slavery.”

Whistleblowers Prosecuted While War Criminals Remain Free?

Dr.Paul Craig Roberts, former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury, former Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal, and professor of economics in six universities, wrote in A Story… The Last Whistleblower :

“The ability of whistleblowers to bring accountability to government is about to disappear.”

Stories are all we shall hear someday because no one will have the courage or the opportunity to tell the truth.

Olbermann: Future Of The U.S. Depends On Torture Accountability

American seeks political asylum in Sweden, alleging torture, FBI coercion

“Fikre says that when he told the men he didn’t want to work for the FBI, they countered by asking, “Don’t you love your family? Don’t you want to make real money?” They also indicated that if he worked for them, they could help him get off of the “no fly” list — which he says was a surprise because this meeting was the first he had heard that his name was on the no-fly list.”

This entry was posted in Latest News, Politics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.